- B.A., Hampshire College, 1991
- J.D., University of Colorado School of Law, 2000
- Colorado (since 2000)
- United States District Court, District of Colorado(since 2000)
- United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit (since 2008)
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Colorado Bar Association (Member)
- Denver Bar Association (Member)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, Bankruptcy Trustee, 2009 - present
- Colorado Rising Stars, 2010
- Colorado Super Lawyers, 2011
- Lecturer on bankruptcy law and practice
- University of Colorado Law Review, Associate Editor, 1999-2000; Member, 1998-99
David V. Wadsworth
David Wadsworth concentrates in the area of bankruptcy law, with a focus on commercial matters and trustee representation. He joined the firm in 2003.
In 2009, he was appointed to the panel of Chapter 7 trustees in Colorado by the United States Trustee. In this capacity, Dave has overseen thousands of Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases, monitoring abuse and liquidating assets for creditors.
Dave represents corporate Chapter 11 debtors in possession in matters ranging from simple liquidations to complex reorganizations. He has provided counsel in all facets of reorganizations, from pre-filing preparation through plan confirmation.
He also represents Chapter 7 trustees in commercial matters ranging from single-asset cases to complex, multi-million dollar liquidations. He has represented trustees in a variety of matters including preference and fraudulent transfer avoidance and recovery, asset sales, objections to claims and exemptions, discharge objections and revocations, relief from stay, property turnover disputes and enforcement actions against bankruptcy petition preparers. In Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 cases, he represents unsecured, secured and priority creditors, as well as consumer and non-consumer Chapter 7 debtors.
Dave has prosecuted and defended hundreds of adversary proceedings and has tried multiple cases before the judges in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado. He has litigated and argued appeals before the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States District Court for the District of Colorado, and the Tenth Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel. Dave has also participated in the Faculty of Federal Advocates program, providing pro bono representation to low-income defendants in adversary proceedings.
After graduating from the University of Colorado School of Law in 2001, Dave clerked for Judge Daniel C. Hale in the Boulder County, Colorado District Court. Prior to joining the firm he was an associate with Wells, Love & Scoby, LLC, in Boulder.