Lindsay S. Riley
Lindsay joined WGWC in January 2020. Her practice focuses on bankruptcy and commercial litigation. Lindsay represents trustees, individual and corporate debtors, and creditors in all aspects of Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcies, including reorganizations and liquidations, fraudulent transfer and preference actions, asset sales, exemption objections, objections to claims, turnover litigation, nondischargeability litigation, lien avoidance, and relief from the automatic stay. Lindsay’s practice also includes state court litigation and appeals, and she has argued before the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel of the Tenth Circuit.
Prior to joining WGWC, Lindsay was a commercial litigator at Dykema Gossett, PLLC in San Antonio, Texas, where she represented clients in a wide range of complex business and commercial litigation matters, with a focus on the energy, utilities and natural resources sectors. Her practice included all stages of pre-trial and trial work in state and federal court.
Before joining Dykema, Lindsay served as a Briefing Attorney to two justices on the Fourth Court of Appeals.
- J.D., Magna Cum Laude, Texas Tech University School of Law, 2012
- Managing Editor and Judicial Board Member of the Texas Tech Law Review
- B.A., Psychology, University of Texas at Austin, 2008
- Colorado (2020)
- Texas (2012)
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas (2013)
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado (2020)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit (2020)
- United States Supreme Court (2016)
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring
- Confederation, Member
- Texas Bar Association, Member
- San Antonio Magazine, “2019 Top Attorneys,” Energy Oil and Gas
- Recognized in Texas Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Business Litigation, 2019
- S.A. Scene, “San Antonio’s Best Lawyers,” Business Litigation, 2017-2019
- S.A. Scene, “San Antonio Rising Star,” 2018-2019
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association’s Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, 2016
- Recognized in San Antonio Business Journal’s Who’s Who in Energy, 2015
- Member of the Bexar County Women’s Bar Foundation’s LEAD Academy’s 2017 Inaugural Class
- Served as President-Elect of the Bexar County Women’s Bar Foundation in 2019, and prior to that as the organization’s Treasurer, Secretary, and Director.